THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, February 09, 2009

Millions on Monday

1. Okay so it's been more than a months since I have updated and shard my life with you all. A lot of things have been going and life is still crazy. The first thing that was wonderful is on January 11 I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting. It was from the November ensign...Pres Uchdorf's talk on hope. I learned a ton about myself and the life we are currently living. I gave the talk in slow motion(well in my mind it was) and all the old people could understand what I was saying:)!

2. This same weekend Mike came up to listen to my talk and help out wit the 3 kiddos during sacrament. It was a wonderful weekend and he even said, "I love you!" I couldn't believe how well behaved Brevan was with Mike being there. It was fabulous. Mike got to meet my brother and that went over well...He and Brendan even met and that went over tons better than I could have ever hoped for. Mike also told me and the kids that he wanted to be a permanent part of our lives...No he didn't ask me to marry him!

3.A little update on the kids....Mackenzie is still a tremendous help to me with her brothers. She just finished a report that was a 2 week long project on Houdini. Her oral presentation went great. She still has a problem with writing...she HATES it! She can tell you all about something but she will fight tooth and nail to write it on paper. She loves activity day girls in primary and is wanting to play spring soccer. Kyle still loves Joy school and primary. He is finally getting the hang of pooping in the toilet. It's been 5 days since I had to change poopy undies:) He continues to amaze me with how much he knows...he'll tell me mommy that is number 33 or that is letter k. wow! And Brevan...what more can I say besides he is our precious little spirit with and endless supply of energy. He is learning his colors and how to count. He loves to play with Kyle, first thing in the morning you hear, "Kyle will you play with me?" It melts my heart. The kids are doing well and love to be with their cousins here and there. Their new favorite toy is the Wii that we just bought last week. It has brought tons of enjoyment for us all!

4. Me well work is still there and I absolutely love it. No 2 days are ever the same and I really have grown to love my patients, some more than others, and there families have touched my heart in many ways. I am learning a lot about myself in the professional area...even if I did get written up for something totally stupid and my supervisor tells me that I am a better nurse than this!! retarded(I'll tell you about it later when I am done fuming about it).

5. This past weekend was great for us all. The weather was 50 degrees which allowed for some much needed outside work to get done. The kids and I cleaned up the backyard...poop and all and cleaned out the garage(a every 4 month project). The kids did so well with not complaining. They even did their inside chores quickly, I think that had something to do with the doughnuts I got for breakfast. and then we went to wal-mart in the evening and they got to pick out a cheap toy for all their hard work. It was so nice to spend the day outside. Brendan came over in the evening and helped put together my new entertainment center and television( i splurged) and re hook up the new wii. the kids didn't get to bed until 10:30 but it was worth it. then yesterday Brendan was here after church and we spent a family day together and even watch august rush....which is now my new favorite movie...loved the music. As we sat on the couch as a "family" it reminded me the way things are SUPPOSE to be. it made me sad. But as I said it was a GREAT weekend for us all.

6. This next weekend will be spent in SE Idaho with our loved ones there. hope you are all excited for us to come:)

7. My thoughts for this past month...in Ether in the Book of Mormon Ether the prophet says, " You receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." I always thought it applied to receiving a testimony of the gospel but I now have a new insight for myself. I have prayed about many things and received my answers, but they just don't seem to be happening. I realized the Lord has answered my prayers, but He never gave me a time frame. So am I a sign seeker to believe or do I have the faith to be tried until I receive my witness or answers to what I have prayed about. I know that faith isn't easy...we chose to come to earth to be tried and tested. I just hope that while I am learning to have faith that at some point I will also receive some patience. We love you all and are eternally grateful for our Idaho family and of course our flesh and blood that is spread across the country. thanks for all the prayers in our behalf.

PS...i will post some updated pictures later:)

4 comments:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you finally updated! I've been wondering how things are going for you, and it sounds like you're all doing pretty well. Post a picture of Mike sometime...we need to see what this guy looks like!

Gwenda said...

Good to hear an update from you! I'm happy for you that Kyle is putting his poop in the tiolet now! I still don't have that here, not often enough. Never had that problem with my older six children. Not sure what I did or didn't do with Kaden that makes him afraid to sit and go where he should!

Emily said...

I'm so happy to see a new post from you! I've been wondering how things are going. Looks like you are doing well. Keep hanging in there!

ttcole said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you! I've been wondering! Please let us know when you come down. The girls would love to see Mackenzie again! I'm constantly impressed with how you and Brendan are still able to be a "family". I haven't been blessed with that much patience, I guess. Love Ya!