THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, March 10, 2009















Seven On Sunday





1. Okay so everyone comments how positive I always am and I really try to be happy about life. Well this once I am going to state something and I hope it makes us more aware of how we treat people or at least think before we speak. This past months has been challenging with very personal decisions made. What I will say is I know the Lord is aware of each of us our feelings, trials, and especially our needs. After being divorced for almost 8 months now a few things we as members of the church need to realize.
one-you cannot assume any reasons for peoples divorce. we don't know the story so let's not speculate.
two-most women who divorce for similar reasons go through a series of grieving processes, but the one that seems to come back again is that we would get more support emotional from our wards if our husbands had died.
three- read the article in the February ensign almost last page about single mom's. We feel awful for asking for help more frequently. sometimes it's nice when a person recognizes a need and volunteers to help....some obvious is the lack of priesthood we have in our homes, what can you do as a priesthood holder. So here is my venting!

2. Last week we had the most beautiful rainbow in the world after a freak rainstorm. I instantly thought of the song.....when I am baptized. How clean and pure the air smelled and then to look up and see the rainbow as a reminder of our Heavenly Father's love. What a feeling of peace I experienced.

3. Joy School. This months we are learning about the joy of trust and confidence and teaching our children these truths. we talked about seasons and mother nature and how we can trust mother nature....Kyle(who's the oldest) said, "mommy mother nature doesn't make the season Heavenly Father and Jesus do!" Wow they do remind of us simple truths. So I continued to teach something that I had to be STRONGLY reminded of at the moment that we can always trust Heavenly Father and Jesus and that builds confidence the eternal scheme of things. Especially when we are amidst a trial.
4. Mackenzie just participated in Jump rope for Heart last week. She really had fun practicing and then performing well. She is growing up into this young woman right before my eyes. She loves life and really tries to see positive things. As a result i was reminded that she is still yet my baby girl and I need to let her still be a child. I took this dilemma to the Lord because I have added more responsibility to her than maybe I should have when the divorce happened. After a couple of weeks of not expecting her to babysit so much...Wow! she loves her brothers again. I am grateful Heavenly Father showed me the way that I could still exercise and have that time for myself(which I feel makes me a better mom) without her feeling like she has to be the mom. Thanks for the small reminders that help us see the problems and find the answers.

5. Brevan continues to grow and become such a little man. I can hardly believe he will be 3 in a few months. he loves learning and having to mommy time 2 days a week. Still can pitch a hellacious fit but they are becoming fewer times a day:)

6. Anatomy....so we discovered that our female "blossom" cat is indeed not a girl at all. As we were scratching her tummy the other day brevan points down and says mommy look a snake! oh yea she or he had an erection. So now we have decided that he needs to get a new collar instead of the pink sparkly one with a bell. Can't change the name because he answers to Blossom! So i think there was a reason I went into nursing and not veterinarian career.

7. The Lord keeps opening windows when the doors seem to be shutting all around me. After telling Mike that it was over and to lose my number I felt lonely for a few weeks. Gave me time to forget about men and refocus on being a mom and what it is I really want out of Life. Do I just want to get married to someone because he is a member and holds the priesthood, or do I want that plus someone who cares for me and puts me first? I realized it's okay to be friends and date for a while. on that note I am dating someone else after not going on a date in 5 weeks. It's nice to have a friend. This time no child meeting until we see where we want things to go if anywhere. The good thing is that I have a new workout partner who is killing me in a good way...he's a marine who spent 2 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. So physical fitness is important to him. so ending on a good note....thanks for not giving up on this bonehead girl. i will figure it all out with the Lord's help and all of your encouragement.
(okay one more thing my brother sean came up last week for a visit from texas...he's getting divorced so it was a needed break for him. so the picture of him and nate was a priceless one a captured with my phone)





5 comments:

Michelle Besendorfer said...

I'm glad things are looking up for you. It was fun to see a pic of your brothers, I haven't seen them since our high school days. :)
Michelle

jkmace said...

Ditto Michelle! Or is that aloud? I am glad that you have put things into perspective, don't we all have those days where all the sudden, AHA! Hang in there, your family is in my prayers and the lord is looking out for you! I too enjoy the pictures of your brothers, I also haven't seen them in a very long time!!Glad you have a wonderful family who supports you!

Darcy said...

What was that movie..where Denzel played some drunko..when asked about his girlfriend he said her first name was Nunya. Her last name was Business!
Reading your #1 made me think of that. :)
Hang in there girlie...it'll turn out.
You look beautiful by the way! Love the hair.

Cathy said...

Hi, Jess -- I am not sure if you will remember me; but I have been reading your blog sometimes. I was in an old Ward of yours (Hanover) and I got on your blog from Angie's. I just had to comment on your #1 this time. Having been divorced not once, but twice, can I just also say that divorce is not contagious. I have at times thought that the sisters in my Ward (and in my old Ward) must think that!! Some of them acted as if they should not get too close to me (emotionally) because I was divorced and it might be something they could catch!! Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog and wish you and your children all the best in the future! Cathy Niedererr

ttcole said...

I can say I definately look at divorce in a new light! Unfortunately, I used to be one of those people who would wonder what happened, and why anyone would resort to divorce. I had my eyes opened the hard way. My children are still affected by this decision, which kills me, but I know that our lives now are so much better than before! Thanks for always sharing your testimony with us. I really need to hear the positive sometimes when I get to dealing with my ex especially! Trent is the most amazing man in the world. I know with your faith, you will find someone who will treat you just as well and Trent treats me. Love ya, babe! Keep in touch!