THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, May 12, 2008

Once again I HATE Viruses!!!! Brevan woke up Friday morning with Croup. Usually not a big deal for me to deal with when one of the kids get this particular virus. I thought great we need to go out this morning to the breakfast with momat Mackenzie's school the cool air will do him GOOD. Needless to say he progressively declined throughout the day. Brevan spiked a fever of 104.3 and started the high pitch wheezing, or stryder as we in the medical field say, and he had severe retracting in his abdominal region and nasal flaring. THe poor kid was in respiratory distress. We got him to the clinic at 4:30. The doctor(a Moron, I won't tell you who it is) comes in and says, "Oh it looks like he's not breathing very well!" I wanted to slap the man and say DUH! By the end of our 3 hour visit of temp, albuterol treatments, Pedia pred(a steroid) and x-rays, it was decided since he wasn't improving like he should and was still in distress that he needed to be hospitalized. So we took him to Bingham Memorial( I know megan not the best:)). The respiratory therapist was AWESOME! He started the epi treatments immediately. Thanks to my Wonderful Brother-in-law with all of his connections that got us treated so well at the hospital. After no SLEEP and lots of steroids Brevan was able to come home on Saturday. He is doing much better, Especially considering his O2 sats got down to 89% . So now we are playing catchup on sleep. But hey we are home and enjoying each other. Thanks also for the Power of the Priesthood that I know helped Brevan recover so quickly. Thanks for all of the support. We love you all. Mackenzie and Kyle were so cute when Brevan came home, they were both excited to see him home. Man I love my kids and it makes me happy to see my kids love each other so much. Have a Great Day.

1 comments:

M&EMS said...

Holy Cow! So glad to hear that you guys are doing better. And I thought cleaning throw up and dealing with fevers and teething was bad this week. You win!