THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, August 30, 2008


SEVEN on Saturday(this week)
1. the last 2 weeks have been CRAZY!!!!! Mackenzie started the 4th grade. I cannot believe how grown up she has become this summer. She is such a Great help to me. She loves her teacher and hasn't had a problem adjusting to yet another new school. i think she's use to it now:) She loves riding the bus again and spending time at the park with friends. it's only a few houses away. I am sure she will do great in school this year. She got a blessing from my brother for school, Thanks NATE!

2. Got involved with a Joy school group. I am doing joy school again, with Kyle. I did this program with Mackenzie and it was wonderful. Kyle is excited about starting "school" too. The moms got most of the stuff put together last week for this semester that begins next week. So I am just getting busier. It will be fun for kyle and me to have time together and away(brevan will get some one on one time with mommy now). wish us luck.

3. Brevan gashed his eyebrow area opened on the bath tub faucet. looked pretty nast but has healed up nicely. thanks to SUPER GLUE, and Jonathon for sharing that little secret with me last fall!

4. work....I worked 73 hours this past week and I am worn out. I am enjoying this weekend off...YEA!!!!
5. New car....so i bought a new van on thursday this week. I worked out a great deal on a chrysler town and country. 14,500/ almost a 5k drop. leather, dvd, nav system, power doors and trunk, stow and go, luggage rack, and much more. mackenzie is loving not being squished between her brothers anymore. I also got a great interest rate. it's a 2005 with 48k miles and an 8%. i would have gotten the normal; 6.5 if i would have been at my res or job longer. oh well. we will travel better now. Brendan is taking the Saturn now.

6. life is great at work.....We were held hostage on our special care/pysch unit on wed for 1 1/2 hours by a patient. wouldn't let anyone in or out of the locked doors. he was about 6'3" and 260 pounds. he bnack handed me and kicked my aid. it was almost humorous. Our DON and social worker had to climb the 6 1/2 ft privacy fence to get into the unit. the SW fell down the fence while clinbing over. this was all taking place right before dinner. They had me tossing cookies to the pt's wc from 5 ft away(should have seen it) the don is laughing her head off at how ridiculous I looked, but she wouldn't come within 20ft of the man. We almost had to get the dinner trays from the fence being handed over. it all worked out and he got sent out. I didn't get home until midnight that night. work is never dull!!! but i do enjoy my job. I am cutting back to 4 days a week this next month so I can see my kids more especially kenzie.

7. Quote my sister-in-law sent me

"When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidencethat the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polishyou for our everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain." Richard G. Scott

have a GREAT WEEK

4 comments:

Gwenda said...

Hey, remember me?

You actually used SUPER GLUE on Brevan's eyebrow area? That's a new one for me!

Lori said...

I can't believe Kenzie & Josh are in the same grade. I had forgotten they were the same age.

You are doing so much Jess to better your family situation. What a worker you are! God is going to bless you in SO many ways for all you are going through. What a strong woman!

You look fabulous girlfriend!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Holy smokes, Jess! When does the excitement in your life end? I can't believe you were held hostage. That is scary! I'm glad it all worked out, though. I love your new van...very nice! Sounds like things are going well. The quote by Richard G. Scott was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Amy Lou said...

Hey Jessica,
Remember Me? I did play group with you a bit in Hanover before I moved back to Utah. I came across your blog through Angie's. So...I don't mean to stalk you...just wanted to say hello.
I'm sorry to hear about all you are going through and hope the best for you in Idaho. We were in Boise in May. My Invitro Clinic is up there and had to make the trip for the procedure. Please come visit my blog!!!