THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, August 14, 2008




Seven On Sunday(or Thursday)

1. I got a new hair cut last week, my way of doing something for myself. I have to thanks Brendan:) for all my stress, I have lost 14 pounds. I have been trying to lose 10 for a year now!


2. The divorce was final yesterday. Brendan was here visiting the kids and

it was a lot harder on me than I ever imagined. I guess you cannot turn love and emotions off especially after 10 years. We are still great friends which helps the kids a lot to not be in the middle of conflict.

3. Mackenzie is finally registered for school that starts on Wednesday!! man I was cutting it close:)

4. Kyle is going to be involved with Joy School this year. I did this preschool with christian based beliefs in Texas with Mackenzie and we loved it. So hopefully he will enjoy this too.

5. Work, is as crazy as ever, but I love it. I have been averaging between 45 and 60 hours a week. So, I gave my DON my part-time schedule for next month....32 hrs one week and 24 the next. this way I will actually be able to see Mackenzie with school starting and me still working swings.

6. Brendan is doing well in Pocatello.. he started working 12 hr night shift. He is coming around a lot and is actually being a big help with finances and watching kids for me. I hope he knows how much he is loved and appreciated. He has so many wonderful qualities and I pray for him to one day be able to beat his addiction. Here's to my best friend still:)

7. Faith- without faith nothing works. I have learned to rely on faith so much the past 6 weeks. and I have seen the Tender Mercies of the Lord in my life on a daily basis. the faith and prayers of others has given me the strength to endure trials and has helped me carry and let go of my burdens. thanks to you all especially family for your love and support. Hopefully I can start up my seven on Sunday again next week. Until then remember the Faith!

12 comments:

Melodie said...

Jess, you are so strong and amazing. You are all in my prayers as you go through this difficult transition. I am so glad that you and Brendan are able to still be friends, and I know that will make things so much easier on the kids. And by the way, your hair looks great! Miss you and love you!

M&EMS said...

I love the haircut! You look amazing. We have been and will continue to pray for you. I'm proud of you for still being a friend to Brendan. We love you!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

You look so stinking cute! I just love you! Jess, I have to say that I'm so glad that you and Brendan are still friends and not making this a messy divorce. I'm sure it's still hard on the kids, but that will help a lot. My parents were divorced for less then a year, and I was 21 at the time, but it still does a lot of damage to the kids if they feel caught in the middle. Good for both of you for not doing that.

Megan and Alyvia said...

I love the new hair! Sounds like you guys are doing good! (:

Lori said...

You look so GOOD girl!

VitaMin said...

Jess you really ROCK!! I am glad you are so upbeat about things. I really admire that in you and hope someday to be like that! You are my hero right now. Keep up the good work and know we are praying for you!

Stephanie said...

Jess, you look great! I love your hair!! Makes me want to chop mine off. Glad you're doing well. Thanks for the update.

The Galan Family said...

Hey Jessica,

Cute haircut! Wow, a lot has changed with you guys. I am sorry for all you have been through. You seem so strong. I am truly impressed by your strength and testimony. Good luck with everything.

Sarah

militaryfam said...

Unfortunately I know about divorce stress! It was the best (AND ABSOLUTE WORST) diet plan ever. NOT a healthy way to lose weight. I would go all day and realize I forgot to eat.

PLEASE take care of yourself! Get your runs in....great endorphin release...HANG IN THERE!

Nancy said...

Jessica - You look wonderful! I was very sad to hear about the divorce. It is however good to hear that you and Brendan are still friends. The children are growing so big, so fast. I just don't know how you do it - working long hours, taking care of the children and going to school! Don't say "just an LPN" - you are definitely more than that, even though you haven't completed the RN course. Ask RJ - he'll tell everyone and I'll agree,
100%. We miss you so much and RJ wants you to come back to Maryland, so you can take care of him. Take care and we think about you all the time. Love - Nancy, Tug and RJ

Emily said...

You sound great! I'm so glad for the strength you are receiving from above. Your hair looks great! But it always does!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Hi, Jess! It's me again. We're changing our blog to private tomorrow, and I just wanted to let you know that if you want to still be able to view it, you'll need to send me your email address. Ours is mcgarryfam@yahoo.com.