THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, January 13, 2008

So our little family had this wonderful faith building experience. Last weekend we had to go up past Boise(300 miles) for Brendan's drill weekend. We took Princess(our dog) with us, but left the cat(tiger lilly) at home. Since she is an inside cat and we have no problems with messes in the house we didn't feel it would be a problem. As we were loading the car she escaped and climbed a tree. She loves playing outside but she climbed a 200 foot tree and wouldn't come down. So I was mad and put her food, litter box, and bed in the garage. I decided she could sleep in there for the weekend and teach her a lesson. wemleft the garage opened about 2 feet so she could slip in and out as she wanted. She has been gone all night before and always came back. When we got home Sunday night, she wasn't here and never came back Monday morning. Needless to say Mackenzie was very upset that her cat was gone and mad at mom for making her stay outside. I told her to say a prayer and maybe Heavenly Father would help her come home soon. Thursday Kenz asked when I was going to put up pictures of her(I had no planned on doing that). She said that she prayed and she had a dream that tiger liily came home. I told her if she wasn't back by saturday we should give up and put away the cat stuff. I was actually happy not having the litter box inside! Saturday morning came around and it was chore time so I had her put it all away. She said, "this doesn't mean that I am giving up mom. Heavenly Father showed me a dream that she came home." Well guess what...Last night(sauturday) When we got home from our date guess who came in right behind us. That's right. the stinky tiger lilly. It made us all realize that God is aware of us and all the things we need no matter how trivial they may seems to others. My little 8 yr old showed me that faith can open doors for miracles. Most cats don't come back after a few days let alone a week. I know that our prayers are heard and answered in the Lord's time.

picture of mackenzie after she got tiger lilly last april.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a dear, dear story!! HUGS to Mackenzie for her faith!

And what a dear little kitty...I didn't realize that this Tiger Lilly was just a baby! Awwwwwwww!!