THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, July 20, 2008

SEVEN on SUNDAY

1. The highlight of my week was my weekend off work!!!! the last 2 days have been relaxing with the kiddos.

2. This week I started my full-time job and a long-term care facility. I was supposed to be trained for a week and then on my own. Friday night another nurse called in and I got threw into charge nurse of my unit. I have 28 pt's and 4 aids. 16 of the 28 pts have either Alzheimer's or schizophrenia. so I am around lots of craziness. Makes me almost think I am sane:) The job keeps me busy for 8 1/2 hours. If only I didn't have to eat at the nurse's station I'd be happy.

3. The landlord of our old house told Brendan that we could still work in the garden and get our produce. that will be another great blessing for us. Thanks to my gracious sister-in-laws for all their hard work....and the nephews for shelling peas, and brothers for tilling. you are all SOOOO fabulous. I love you all.

4. Mackenzie and Kyle had a primary activity this week for pioneer day. they had so much fun making homemade ice cream and playing pioneer games. I took Brevan with me to run errands and we had fun too!!! i decided that once a month me and the kids one at a time have a time out by ourselves to help with all the changes.

5. so i got the divorce papers signed back from Brendan yesterday. so i will file with he courts tomorrow and it should be finalized by this week.:(

6. I have the best ward up here. today i had to take the boys out for a "talking" too. i mean a one way talking:). i sent kyle back in and when brevan and i returned kyle wasn't there. an older lady behind us had him and her and her daughter were coloring with him. how awesome is that. I appreciate it more than words can ever say.

7. my lesson learned this week: Life throws us all sorts of twists and turns. It's how well we stay on the path during the sharp curves that determines the outcome. I know that as long as I hold on with both hands to the iron rod those twist and turns will one day straighten out. Thanks again for all the love and support you all have given. I talked to a good friend of mine in Louisiana this( a baptist) and the insights we both gained was amazing. I know the Lord is watching out for my little family. until next week....Jess

4 comments:

M&EMS said...

I'm so glad that you have a great support system there in your new ward! We love you guys!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

That's great that you're still going to get all of your produce from the garden. I wondered about that since it sounded like you had planted an entire field! :) It's also kind of a nice bonus that others are doing the work for you...see there are all sorts of tender mercies. I'm glad that your ward is great, and that your job helps you feel sane. You are amazing, Jess. Never forget that!

Emily said...

I'm so glad things are working out for you there! Good luck with work and school.

militaryfam said...

Hey Jess

Congrats on the new job....where do your munchkins go while you are at work? I know thats a big change going from part time to full time...and i know you are exhausted...that said, make time for your running...you know what an amazing stress reliever that is!

I am proud of you for moving on with your life. You can't hold a marriage together on your own. You have fought for him, loved him and supported him more than most would. If he will ever realize what he is missing....well, it has to be missing.

That picture of your kids is soooo beautiful! They all look the same to me! I miss them and you so much!