THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Seven On Sunday

1. Brendan and Kyle's conversation...

Kyle,"Hey buddy" Brendan, "hey dude!" Kyle, "daddy you are my buddy and friend."

Now how can you not smile as a almost 4 year old realizes that his daddy is not only his buddy but also a friend. I am so glad that Brendan is the kind of father that his children know that he loves them and is their friend. I love you HONEY!


2. Another tribute to a dear friend who has remained one of my bestest friends even though we are oceans apart and helped me through some of the toughest trials in my life. This is to Melodie Hanners who is now living in Germany and her dear husband Morgan is gone a lot with work. She just had her 4th baby and is amazing at how she can be a mother and father quite frequently. Her husband Morgan has got to be the kindest man I have ever met. He treats his wife and children like precious gems and even though he is gone a lot you he makes up for that when he is home. This family is wonderful and I really miss our trips to the temple, chuckie cheese's, and our late night parties in Cali. Thanks guys for loving us despite it all. Maybe the next time you come to Utah we can all get together. I am sure Mackenzie would love to see her old boy friend Braedan.!
1. Melodie and Morgan in Maryland a few days after Morgan returned from his deployment to Iraq. It was so nice to see them again.
2. Mackenzie and Braedan enjoying the fall leaves that I miss now that we live in Idaho. Braedan has always been Mackenzie's boyfriend since the were 2:)
3. The Hanners Family before baby Grayson was born
4. Baby Gray their fourth baby born in April.
We love and Miss you guys
3. Gardening is one of my new finds. I didn't ever think I'd enjoy it, but after last year(my first time) I have really come to like it. Even the weeding, because it gives me alone time and is a good source to relieve stress. Now my sister is doing her first garden this year in Indiana. You never know who may catch the gardening fever...go KRIS!
4. Husbands/fathers.....
Brendan left on Friday for 16 days for his annual training with the national guard. You don't realize how much you depend on you husband and the kids on their father until they are gone. Yesterday I realized that Brendan really is my best friend, the person I love doing anything with. Seeing others interact with "friends" and feeling alone...I longed to have Brendan with me. I also realized how much I miss our dear friends who are oceans apart or rivers between. Friends are something to treasure. Brendan and my dear friends...you always have a place in my heart.
5. To another dear friend...Tina Cole(cottle, carter). She and Trent are getting sealed in the SLC temple on Friday after waiting for this day. I am so excited for her. Trent treats her so good and she deserves to have this day. So Tina this is for all you have had to go through, know that I admire your desire to some out on top of all the trials.
6. Camping. So we decided this summer we would do lots of camping as a family since it's cheap and build loving memories. Our first adventure will be in 2 weeks to Yellowstone with my brother and his family. We decided this would be a great reunion with Brendan. Well when I made the reservations the lady made the comment about how soon june was and that the snow still hadn't melted. So I HOPE it will be warmer in 2 weeks:)!!!! Well was next to me when I made the reservations and has been asking at least 3 times a day if we can go camping now. So here is to building and strengthening family ties.
7. Coaching softball. Well I am taking on a new adventure of coaching softball. I did it in high school. our first practice went well and we will have our first game this Thursday. it is fun to help children learn new things. Especially ones that I love! BTW we got the dance tryouts results back. Mackenzie will be reevaluated after summer to see if she has developed her technique well enough. I am proud of her any way considering she hasn't been like most of the girls in dance since she was 3. SO GO MACKENZIE!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

Megan and Alyvia said...

It was fun getting to read some facts about you! Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the warm (well, somewhat) weather!!

Emily said...

Fun news about Tina! Does she have a blog? Sounds like you are keeping busy! Good luck while Brendan is gone!

militaryfam said...

Jess I am responding the questions you left on my blog here so you may get them!
Kellie donated her hair to locks of love. Its only curly when wet.
We had to laugh about your note about Josh cause we saw your pics and said he looks just like that still (but he is bigger....he is growing out of his size 6 everything and into size 7's!)
PA....working on getting a renter....trying to get a forebearance on the loan until we do!
Now for you...so sorry Brenden is gone and have soooo much fun in Yellowstone....I used to go every summer with my family...Ben has never been so we'd love to go some day!
We are enjoying catching up with you as well!