THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Seven On Sunday
1. Okay so I am 2 weeks behind! ARGH!!! First I'll give a quick recap of 2 weeks ago. On Monday June 9, Kenzie tried out for the children's play again this year- red riding hood. She made the tryouts which meant a week of long rehearsals for her and me. She was a good sport and loved doing the play again this year. The weeks ended on Saturday June 14th with Brendan coming home after 16 days(WOOOHOOOO!!!!) and being able to see kenzie's star performance. He missed her play last year. so this week was busy with running here and there, and trying to stay busy so being alone wasn't so lonely:). I did make curtains, clean baseboards, stove fridge, and reorganize all the bedrooms and storage room. So i wasn't lonely at All. Plus it was so nice to have it all done for when brendan came home. i always save my "spring cleaning" for when he is gone.

2. Sunday june15th. Happy Father's Day to all the dads in my life. First to my wonderful husband. "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy." anne geddes
He is truly a wonderful daddy, and the kids were so EXCITED to have him come home. Especially kyle. He knew that when daddy came home we'd be going camping! and that's what he expected. Brendan has learned to be a great dad from his own father. to my father-in-law who is a great father to us all. He know how to love unconditionally and gives chastisement in a way that is so loving that you almost forget what the talk is all about. To my DADDY. Who has always been my hero. I love him dearly and wish he lived closer. He is the one who taught me how to forgive other so quickly. He taught me it takes more energy to be angry than to just let go. So on this father's day I honor all the dads in my life. I love you ALL!!!

3. June 15th---Brendan's birthday party. Brendan always seems to gone on his birthday so we end up celebrating it on father's day too. He received some fun things for our Yellowstone camping trip. a new stove, lantern, and an axe(for chopping wood). Happy Birthday to my best friend, my partner in crime, my dear husband. I love you so very much and hope one day you will realize how much you mean to me. thanks for all of your hard work and being willing to sacrifice so much so that I can stay home with our 3 beautiful kiddos. You are the best and even after 10 years, I am still smitten when I look at you and my heart still flutters. Happy 32nd birthday Honey!

4. Monday June 16th--pack and lave for Yellowstone. why is it when you think you have all the lists you could possibly need for a camping trip you still fall behind schedule? I thought I was so good had everything packed by 1pm since we wanted to leave at 3, so I go on a short 3 miler run thinking I have all the time in the world to get ready after my run, then I had a vision in the hot sun...i forgot to pack all of our food!!!! GREAT...now we will be late or starve for 3 days. So i sped up my comfortable 10min/mile pace to a 9 min/mile and got a huge cramp at the end and still had to hurry and shower so I could pack our food. Way to go on being prepared. I did have it all ready by 3 after all, but with the cost of it being a pony tail hair day:) It was worth it. we got to the camp around seven got camp set up and dinner done all before 8:30pm. The kids were in bed by 10 and we were ready for our park adventure bright and early Tuesday morning. Thanks again to Brendan for my early morning run on Tuesday. we had a couple of killer hills and he patiently waited with me to make it up the hill. I felt like Casey Jr trucking up the track. we did see a herd of antelope on our run.

5. ILLNESS hits in the park. Brendan got hit with a GI bug while touring yellowstone. I first thought he was being overly sensitive about being ill, but at 8pm when kyle started puking all over the car...I knew it was bad for them both. Kyle ended up puking most of the night and Brendan felt better Wednesday afternoon. On Wednesday we toured mesa falls just north of rexburg( i couldn't believe I was the only who had ever been there in our group, and that was 10 years ago at ricks). It was infested with mosquitoes and even with bug spray we were attacked, even the poor little dogs. I have to say this trip was lots of fun. i forget how beautiful our world is until i am back in nature. the kids all did great with all the walking we did.(pictures will come at the end)

6. softball game on Thursday. Well last week I had a parent get upset with me at the game. My assistant coach thought she over reacted majorly and intervened on my behalf. Well this week her 2 girls weren't at the game. So I am assuming she pulled them from the team. i think it is horrible that parents cause problems for their kids and don't allow them to enjoy things. it's pretty pathetic that some people can't seem to outgrow the drama. It left our team short on players. oh well I hope they come back.

7. Pocatello trip turned into a puking fest. Me and went to pocatello to play with my friend Tina and her kids on Friday. It was lots of fun catching up and just letting the kids play. We went to craigos, a ricks favorite, for some pizza. All of my kids seemed fine. On the way home Mackenzie said her tummy hurt, about a minute later she asked me to pull over. As soon as i put the car in park...she exploded everywhere. Then kyle puked because he saw her puking. So here adds another 2 loads of laundry to the list. Then this morning at 330 brevan woke up puking. Now I know Brendan was really sick. Hopefully I miss it. I finally have my car cleaned and it almost doesn't smell of puke. Anyways, we have had a busy couple of weeks and have enjoyed being a family and our mini vacation. so until next week, have a wonderful week and enjoy the warm weather.

3 comments:

M&EMS said...

EWWWW! So sorry about the puking! Now fun. I loved Mesa Falls when I went to Ricks, my name is carved in a log there, but not next to Mic's name, so maybe that's a good thing that I haven't been there for a while. Love ya guys!

Stephanie said...

I enjoyed reading the update! The pictures are fabulous. You guys look great! I feel motivated (once again) to get off my butt! Yeah! (who knows how long it will last this time :) I'm using lots of !!!!'s huh? I know. I totally forgot where Mesa Falls even was.....or even that I'd been there. And I can't believe that I spent so many years living in Idaho and I've NEVER seens that Grand Canyon thing. Why does it take moving accross the country to make me realize what I had. Someday I'll make it back there! Glad you guys had so much fun!!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. Sorry to hear about everyone being SO sick. I hope you miss it, too, Jess. At least you got to see some cool things on your trip. I bet it was nice to get away for a while.