THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Well about 2 weeks ago Mackenzie and I had the privilege of watching our cat Tiger Lilly give birth to 6 baby kittens, of which all have survived! I was talking to a good friend of mine who was in early stages of labor with her 5th, and the cat climbed on me with something coming out. I screamed not realizing at first what in the heck was going on. My dear friend starts laughing at me and says, "Jess she having her babies and she might need some help." I say she's not having them on my LAP! The cat waited until kenz got home so she could see it happen. It was a little fascinating to see how long it takes and what she does after each one is delivered. All I can say is I am glad I am Human and don't eat the stuff off my newborns. The funny thing is that morning on the radio they were talking about the battle of the Sexes and Mackenzie laughs the silly laugh that kids get with the word sex. Then she realized they were talking about boys versus girls. So when she saw the kittens being born it was a while new topic about how she was born! We've had to have the simplified version of the "Talk", but this was more than I bargained for. So I told her what I felt was age appropriate. So when do we tell them the "Whole Thing?" I told her a while ago only about female related stuff, but the other keeps coming up and I have to tell it a little at a time. anyways any advice? so here are the pictures of delivery!!!!



5 comments:

Emily said...

Wow big happenings at the Cox house. So fun. I think I got "The Talk" when I was 8 years old, around when I was baptised. I think it was a good age, because I remember hearing stuff at school not long after that. I'm glad I'm not there yet! Good Luck!

LexiandGriffinsTaxi said...

We had to give Lexi "the talk" last year! I have no advise. It was terrible. I was crying and shaking, Justin was at a loss for words, and Lexi stayed beet red for about 2 weeks. How come NOBODY prepares you for this stuff??!!

M&EMS said...

When you get the talk figured out, please pass it on. Syd has already asked questions on how do the babies come out and stuff like that. Your family picture is super cute!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

I have absolutely no advice for you, but wanted to say that I love the family picture. Very cute!

Melodie said...

Hi Jessica! Braden asked "the question" a few weeks ago, and I told him that we would talk about it when Daddy was home. Daddy is home now, and I am still stalling. I have heard that 8 is a good age, but he still just seems so young! I know I was even younger, and my mom was so calm and sweet about it. So I guess it depends on the child. I'll pass on any more information I come across as I am going through the same thing right now! Good luck!